Education in Dolphin Assisted Therapy (DAT) – EDUCATION & CAREER PROGRAM
For this program we provide accommodation including breakfast and 1 lunch meal (in our restaurant at the Marine Park – 5 times a week). Working Days are Monday to Friday (6 hours per day – usually 9 am to 3pm). Support and sponsorship for your Visa application. Certification of participation and finalizing of this program.
Please find details about our current provided accommodation here
- Full program – 12 weeks
- 2 x 1/2 program – each 6 weeks
- 3 Months/12 Weeks period (60 working days)
- 4 phases / DAT Management – Dolphin Welfare & Knowledge – Handling Patients & Accompanies – DAT Training
- 12 Weekly assessments
- 3 Monthly evaluations
- 1 Final examination
- 1 Personal exposition (working and present your own DAT project)
GENERAL PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- Classroom time 1 hour a day.
- Daily schedule 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. Mon-Fri
- Assignation of responsibilities with DAT sessions and patients
- Certification in DAT and Patients Evaluation & Handling by BEMP and the responsible therapist.
- Follow Up – Education in Dolphin Assisted Therapy
Education in DAT
- GENERAL MANAGEMENT
(10 Days) The key to evaluate and handle disabled patients and to make appropriate decisions in how to going through a DAT session with a certain patient. This will contribute in the development of our DAT program.
- PLANNING & ASSESMENT
- MANAGE DAILY DAT SCHEDULES
- PREVENTIVE MEASURES
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- CREATE PATIENTS DIAGNOSE & DAT PROGRESS SHEET & DAILY UPDATE
- LEARN ABOUT AND HANDLE ALTERNATIVE THERAPY METHODS CONNETCTED TO DAT SESSIONS IN THE WATER
- DOLPHIN WELFARE & KNOWLEDGE
(2 Days) Refers to the general state, treatment and care of the dolphins under human observation individually and as a group.
- DAT HISTORY AND FRAMEWORK
- ECOSYSTEM VS ARTIFICIAL HABITATS
- BASIC BIOLOGY AND MARINE ADAPTATIONS
- INDIVIDUAL PROFILES
- PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
- ELABORATION OF A PRESERVATION AND CONSERVATION PLAN
- HANDLING PATIENTS & ACCOMPANIES
(10 Days) Refers to the general state, of welcoming, evaluate and handle our patients and it’s responsible accompanies. Keep all relevant parties informed about the patients progress during the therapy. How to create a patients first diagnose sheet and establish a final diagnose sheet after the last DAT session of a patient.
- HOW TO WELCOME AND HANDLE OUR CUSTOMERS/PATIENTS
- HOW TO EVALUATE THE PATIENTS CONDITIONON AT ARRIVAL
- CREATE DIAGNOSE SHEETS FOR THE INDIVIDUAL PATIENT
- HOW TO DEAL WITH UNRESPOSNIVE PATIENTS
- HANDLE RESPONSIBLE ACCOMPANIES OF THE PATIENT
- DAT THERAPY TRAINING
(8 Weeks) Education in Dolphin Assisted Therapy – Training is learning to teach and develop. Understanding and respecting physical and mental & physical aspects of each individual patient. Therapy training is the act of handling patients with various disabilities during the therapy sessions. In our training program we consider the behaviors of the patient and aim to modify behaviors and disability patterns during dolphin assisted therapy session.
- HOW TO ACT IN STRESS SITUATIONS
- CREATIVITY IN ALTER DAT SESSIONS FOCUSED ON THE NEEDS AND BEHAVIOUR OF THE PATIENT
- CONTROL THE PATIENT & HANDLE STRESSFUL BEHAVIOUR DURING DAT SESSIONS
- HANDLE ALTERNATIVE THERAPY METHODS CONNETCTED TO DAT SESSIONS IN THE WATER
Education in Dolphin Assisted Therapy – This Program can be split in 2 partitions. The first partition will last 6 weeks and contains
1. General management (10 Days)
2. Dolphin Welfare & Knowledge (2 Days)
3. Handling Patients and responsible accompanies (10 Days)
4. DAT Therapy Training (8 Days)
The 2nd partition will last 6 weeks and is mainly another 6 weeks of DAT Therapy Training
After the entire program is finalized a Certification in dolphin assisted therapy and Patients Evaluation & Handling by BEMP and the responsible therapist