Education in Dolphin Assisted Therapy (DAT) – EDUCATION & CAREER PROGRAM
Education Days are Monday to Friday (6 hours per day – usually 9 am to 3 or 4 pm). Support and sponsorship for your Visa application available on request.
- Full program with certification – 12 weeks / 3 month
- 2 x 1/2 program – each 6 weeks, finalized within 2 years!
After completing this program, we issue a certificate of participation that shows the personal data of the participant, the duration and the requirements of the internship.
Education in Dolphin Assisted Therapy – Package Fee (rates valid till 31.12.2022):
Minimum participation is 12 weeks = 2.490 US$ (≈ 2.250 Euro) without breakfast at the hotel accommodation but inclusive airport pick up.
3.120 US$ (≈ 2.760 Euro) including breakfast (a la card or buffet) at the hotel accommodation and airport pick up.
Please Note: A minimum duration of 12 weeks is required for this educational program in Dolphin Assisted Therapy
Please find below some additional costs (…as of February 2022) – who vary through the pandemic from time to time – which are involved in your travel to Bali because of current COVID-19 rules and regulations.
- Visa costs 3.500.000 IDR (220 € or 250 US$) for a 60 Day Visa – plus possible monthly extensions up to max. 6 month (hence 4 extensions each 750.000 IDR)
- The previously prescribed COVID-19 quarantine is currently suspended – and the so-called “Visa on Arrival” when entering Bali/Indonesia is currently being issued again (valid for up to 30 days – this visa can be extended once again by 30 days, so that a maximum length of stay of 60 days is possible). The visa fee is IDR 500,000 payable upon entry (equivalent to approximately US$35 or EUR33).
- Daily transportation costs to and from Marine Park – Scooter rental 50.000 IDR per day or transport with GoJek or Grab approx. 30.000 IDR per day
- Meals/Food is relatively cheap in Bali – endless options available for good, healthy and affordable food. Approx. 80.000 IDR per day (5 € or 6 US$)
- Airfare – from Europe Qatar Airways is a recommendable choice for flights to Bali. Good price, good standard & service, comfortable travel intervals. (6 hours from Europe to Qatar and another 9 hours from Qatar to Denpasar/Bali) Return Ticket currently approx. 560 € or 640 US$
Please note: All costs above are as of mid-February 2022 and may vary over the next few weeks & months. Prior to your arrival, we will of course provide you with comprehensive information on significant price changes and the latest Visa & COVID-19 rules & regulations.
EDUCATION STRUCTURE OVERVIEW
- 3 Months/12 Weeks period (60 working days)
- 4 phases / DAT Management – Dolphin Welfare & Knowledge – Handling Patients & Accompanies – DAT Training
- 12 Weekly assessments
- 3 Monthly evaluations
- 1 Final examination
- 1 Personal exposition (working and present your own DAT project)
GENERAL PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- Classroom time 1 hour a day.
- Daily schedule 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. Mon-Fri
- Assignation of responsibilities with DAT sessions and patients
- Certification in DAT and Patients Evaluation & Handling by BEMP and the responsible therapist.
- Follow Up – Education in Dolphin Assisted Therapy
Education in DAT
- GENERAL MANAGEMENT
(10 Days) The key to evaluate and handle disabled patients and to make appropriate decisions in how to going through a DAT session with a certain patient. This will contribute in the development of our DAT program.
- PLANNING & ASSESMENT
- MANAGE DAILY DAT SCHEDULES
- PREVENTIVE MEASURES
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- CREATE PATIENTS DIAGNOSE & DAT PROGRESS SHEET & DAILY UPDATE
- LEARN ABOUT AND HANDLE ALTERNATIVE THERAPY METHODS CONNETCTED TO DAT SESSIONS IN THE WATER
- DOLPHIN WELFARE & KNOWLEDGE
(2 Days) Refers to the general state, treatment and care of the dolphins under human observation individually and as a group.
- DAT HISTORY AND FRAMEWORK
- ECOSYSTEM VS ARTIFICIAL HABITATS
- BASIC BIOLOGY AND MARINE ADAPTATIONS
- INDIVIDUAL PROFILES
- PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
- ELABORATION OF A PRESERVATION AND CONSERVATION PLAN
- HANDLING PATIENTS & ACCOMPANIES
(10 Days) Refers to the general state, of welcoming, evaluate and handle our patients and it’s responsible accompanies. Keep all relevant parties informed about the patients progress during the therapy. How to create a patients first diagnose sheet and establish a final diagnose sheet after the last DAT session of a patient.
- HOW TO WELCOME AND HANDLE OUR CUSTOMERS/PATIENTS
- HOW TO EVALUATE THE PATIENTS CONDITIONON AT ARRIVAL
- CREATE DIAGNOSE SHEETS FOR THE INDIVIDUAL PATIENT
- HOW TO DEAL WITH UNRESPOSNIVE PATIENTS
- HANDLE RESPONSIBLE ACCOMPANIES OF THE PATIENT
- DAT THERAPY TRAINING
(8 Weeks) Education in Dolphin Assisted Therapy – Training is learning to teach and develop. Understanding and respecting physical and mental & physical aspects of each individual patient. Therapy training is the act of handling patients with various disabilities during the therapy sessions. In our training program we consider the behaviors of the patient and aim to modify behaviors and disability patterns during dolphin assisted therapy session.
- HOW TO ACT IN STRESS SITUATIONS
- CREATIVITY IN ALTER DAT SESSIONS FOCUSED ON THE NEEDS AND BEHAVIOUR OF THE PATIENT
- CONTROL THE PATIENT & HANDLE STRESSFUL BEHAVIOUR DURING DAT SESSIONS
- HANDLE ALTERNATIVE THERAPY METHODS CONNETCTED TO DAT SESSIONS IN THE WATER
Education in Dolphin Assisted Therapy – This Program can be split in 2 partitions. The first partition will last 6 weeks and contains
1. General management (10 Days)
2. Dolphin Welfare & Knowledge (2 Days)
3. Handling Patients and responsible accompanies (10 Days)
4. DAT Therapy Training (8 Days)
The 2nd partition will last 6 weeks and is mainly another 6 weeks of DAT Therapy Training
After the entire program is finalized a Certification in dolphin assisted therapy and Patients Evaluation & Handling by BEMP and the responsible therapist