Become a Dolphin Trainer – EDUCATION PROGRAM
- 3 Months period
- 3 phases = Management – Animal Welfare & Animal Training
- 12 Weekly assessments
- 3 Monthly evaluations
- 1 Final examination
- 1 Personal exposition
- Classroom time 2 hours a day.
- Daily schedule 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. Mon-Fri
- Assignation of responsibilities
- Certification in Animal welfare and training by BEMP
- Follow Up
The key to organize available resources and to make appropriate decisions that will contribute in the development of our internship program.
Resource management involves evaluation and maximization of every asset involved in our learning program.
- DAILY TASKS
- PREVENTIVE MEASURES
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- CREATIVITY AND NOVELTY
2. ANIMAL WELFARE
Refers to the general state, treatment and care of the species under human observation individually and as a group. Education on good practices to help the preservation and conservation of marine habitats through animal care.
- HISTORY AND FRAMEWORK
- ECOSYSTEM VS ARTIFICIAL HABITATS
- BASIC BIOLOGY AND MARINE ADAPTATIONS
- INDIVIDUAL PROFILES
- PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
- ELABORATION OF A PRESERVATION AND CONSERVATION PLAN
3. ANIMAL TRAINING
Become a Dolphin Trainer – Training is learning to teach and develop. Understanding and respecting physical and mental aspects of each individual. Animal training is the act of teaching animals specific responses to specific conditions or stimuli. In our training program we consider the natural behaviors of the animal and aim to modify behaviors through a basic system of rewards.
- BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION AS A SCIENTIFIC METHOD
- UNDERSTANDING THE PRINCIPLES OF COMPARATIVE PSYCHOLOGY
- ETHOGRAM PLANNING AND DESIGN